WASHINGTON (WUSA9/CBS) -- A man was arrested after carrying a pistol and two knives in Lafayette Park, just across the White House on Tuesday afternoon.
The man, later identified as Christopher Briggs, was standing shirtless, with an open container of alcohol when a uniformed Secret Service officer noticed a gun in waistband of the man's pants, said Secret Service Spokesperson Brian Leary.
Briggs was immediately arrested and charged with the following:
- Carrying a pistol without a license
- Possession of prohibited weapons - two counts
- Possession of an unregistered firearm
- Possession of unregistered ammunition
- Possession of an unopened alcohol container
The man made no threats and nobody was hurt, officials said. The Northwest gate at the White House was briefly closed and then reopened.