CHEVERLY, Md. (WUSA9)-- Fire officials say hoarded materials made it difficult for firefighters to fight a blaze that killed one woman early Sunday.
Prince George's Fire spokesperson Mark Brady said at about 8 a.m. firefighters were called to the 2400 block of 59th Place in Cheverly for reports of a house fire and a person trapped inside.
Firefighters worked to extinguish the fire while other crews searched the home. Firefighters found a woman deceased in the second-floor, officials said.
Brady said the firefighters had a hard time entering the home due to the extensive amount of "stuff" in the home , which did not have smoke detectors.
Officials said one firefighter suffered a small second degree burn. The fire is still under investigation.