LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 6pm    Watch
 

Unattended Space Heater Caused Fire, Left $75K Worth Of Damage

2:29 PM, Jan 24, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

TEMPLE HILLS, Md. (WUSA) -- Fire investigators say they believe a couple left their electric space heater on while running errands and it sparked a fire in their Temple Hills home.

According to Prince George's County fire officials, the fire happened in the basement of a house in the 2800 block of Curtis Drive. Firefighters were able to put out the fire in about 15 minutes.

No one was injured during the fire, but the couple, who are in their 80s, will be displaced due to the estimated $75,000 worth of damage to their home.

Prince George's County fire officials say that it's the second house fire of the day on Thursday. The other happened in the 3500 block of Everest Drive, and left a woman in critical condition.

Most Watched Videos