(USA TODAY/WUSA) -- As the holiday season wraps up, many are thinking about travel for 2013. USA Today is reporting the top five trends to look out for this year.
- Expect to pay more for your plane tickets -- or at the very best don't plan on getting any great deals.
- You're going to pay more money in fees for things like checked bags, hotel safes. and rental car extras.
- More airlines are joining forces so there will be less competition. Analysts say to watch for US Airways and American merging.
- Look for gas prices to drop.
- You're going to see more protection from the Transportation Department, in terms of transparency in airline ticket pricing and contracts.
So there you have it. Pack your bags and bon voyage, wherever you decide to go this year.