RESTON, Va. (WUSA) -- After two months of decorating his house inside and out, Joseph J. Coury's mission to have the "most spectacular traditional Christmas display" was complete.
Although he decorates his house every year and encourages every one to visit, this year Coury decided to ask visitors to support the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Coury says he wanted to give back to St. Jude's who he says is a great organization trying to save children's lives.
Coury wrote, "When [I] see innocent children suffer with cancer and other diseases, it breaks my heart. What better way so show my appreciation for what they do than to share my work with these Little Angels and ask the people who have been seeing and enjoying my work every year to now ask them to donate to this great cause. "
He also sent us a video of his house, which he says was recorded and edited by Bill Bowen of Suburban Video. Coury chose "An Angel Came Down" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the music for his holiday video.
Each room of the house has a theme:
- a "Welcome Theme" with Santa, elves, a Christmas tree with a train in the entry
- a "White Winter Wonderland Theme" in the living room
- a "Green Winter Forest Theme" in the conservatory room
- a "Nutcracker Theme" in the family room
- a "Nativity Theme" in the dining room
- a sitting area on the back deck with a real fire pit to toast marshmallows and view the decorated backyard while listening to Christmas music
Check out the impressive, beautiful decorations in the video above.
Coury says he's not looking for fame. He just wants people to enjoy what they see, appreciate their lives and "to open up their hearts and give what they can to this great cause"
For more on Coury's Christmas house, click here: http://www.smore.com/cna4