Student at Glen Burnie, Md., High School, Dead Of Meningitis

11:31 PM, Dec 12, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WUSA) - A student at Glen Burnie High School has died from symptoms consistent with bacterial meningitis, according to a letter that school officials sent to parents on Wednesday.

The student apparently became ill on Monday and died a day later.

Symptoms associated with meningitis include sudden fever, headache and a stiff neck. The brain, blood and spinal cord can all be attacked by the bacteria.

The school and the Anne Arundel County Department of Health are notifying anyone believed to have had close contact with the student.

The name of the student has not been released.

Most Watched Videos