NEW CARROLLTON, Md. (AP) - A fire at a New Carrollton apartment building caused approximately $750,000 in damage and left nearly a dozen units uninhabitable.
Prince George's County firefighters responded to a fire at the Sutton Walk complex on 85th Avenue around 1 p.m. Monday. Officials say no residents were injured in the fire though two firefighters sustained minor burn injuries.
The fire was apparently caused by a malfunctioning natural gas stove in an apartment on the building's second floor.
It took about 50 firefighters half an hour to extinguish the blaze.