LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 at 5am    Watch
 

2 Taken To Hospital In DC Carbon Monoxide Incident

8:14 AM, Nov 8, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
(AP)

WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- Two people are at the hospital after high levels of carbon monoxide were found at a building in Northwest on Thursday morning.

IAFF Local 36 reported via Twitter that firefighters found high carbon monoxide levels in the 900 block of Ingraham St NW. DC Fire officials later told us that six people were evaluated at the scene and two of them were transported to the hospital.

Firefighters immediately began ventilating the building after arriving at approximately 7:50 a.m. They were initially called to the scene for the report of a sick person but when an ambulance arrived, they quickly realized the situation may be more serious. 

Their preliminary investigation suggests the source of the carbon monoxide is a hot water heater.

We will have more information on this situation as it becomes available.

Most Watched Videos