FREDERICK, Md. (WUSA) -- A man faces 10 charges after reportedly waving a handgun at people and threatening them in Frederick, Md. on Monday morning.
Frederick police say officers responded to the 300 block of North Market St. at approximately 1:40 a.m. Monday morning for the report. One officer saw a man walking north in the 300 block with the handgun in his hand, say police. He and other officers were able to take Tavares Bohannon Bowie into custody and retrieve the gun.
An officer also found what police call "a substantial quantity of suspected crack cocaine" with Bowie.
Bowie was taken to the Frederick County Central Booking Unit and charged with:
- Wear, carry and transport a handgun on person.
- Use of firearm in commission of a drug crime.
- Possession of Crack Cocaine.
- Possession of Crack Cocaine with the intent to distribute.
- Possession of firearm in relation to a drug trafficking crime.
- Wear, carry and transport firearm while engaged in a drug trafficking crime.
- Possess and carry a firearm after being a convicted felon.
- Reckless Endangerment
- Carry a dangerous and deadly weapon with intent to injure.
- Obliterate/Remove the manufacturer's identification number on a firearm.