WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- DC Fire officials say at approximately 8:35 a.m. Monday the Department of Public Works reported two workers were possibly exposed to hazardous substance at a house in the 1200 block of I St. NE.
Both workers are going to Washington Hospital Center once they have been decontaminated, say fire officials. The nature of the workers' illness is unknown at this time.
According to fire officials, their preliminary investigation indicates a resident might have accidentally dumped some kind of irritant in a trash receptacle in the rear of the house. They say it does not appear to be intentional.