from ?@MCFirePIO via Twitter
GAITHERSBURG, Md. (WUSA) -- A fire in the Montgomery Village area of Gaithersburg on Sunday night was electrical, say fire officials, and 14 people have been displaced from their homes as a result.
Firefighters responded to the townhouse fire in the 18200 block of Kilrush Ct. shortly after 11 p.m. Sunday to see heavy fire showing from the second floor and roof. They called for a second alarm and started to battle the flames from the inside.
Sixty six firefighters were able to knock down the fire, which damaged 4 units. Officials say there was approximately $250,000 worth of damage.
Officials also say the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.