GAITHERSBURG, Md. (WUSA)--Fire officials say Illegal fireworks is to blame for causing a house fire in Gaithersburg that did $70,000 worth of damage.
Montgomery County Firefighters were called to a home on the 700 block of Kent Oak Mews just before 11:00 pm Saturday Night.
Firefighter saw flames shooting from a garage then spread to the house. There were no injuries to firefighters or civilians.
There was minor radiant heat damage to nearby homes. Residents of those homes were allowed back in after the fire was put out.
Investigators want to remind everybody that all fireworks are illegal in Montgomery County.