GLENN DALE, Md. (WUSA)-- Prince George's County Fire Department say a deep fryer is to blame for a house fire that displaced two people in Glenn Dale, Maryland.
Fire officials responded to the 4400 block of Huntchase Drive Sunday afternoon to find flames shooting from the side of a house.
The fire appears to have started by a deep fryer that was being used to close to the house. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to put the fire out
One firefighter was transported to the hospital for a minor heat related illness. He was later released from the hospital.
Officials say the fire caused about $70,000 worth of damage.