(WUSA) -- Some schools and centers in Fairfax County and Montgomery County are still without power, six days after a big storm rolled through our area.
The following Fairfax County public schools/centers are without power and will be closed Thursday:
- Annandale Terrace Elementary School
- Beech Tree Elementary School
- Spring Hill Elementary School
- Mantua Elementary School
- Stuart High School
- Wakefield Forest Elementary School
- Westlawn Elementary School
- Dunn Loring Center
Programs and activities in Montgomery County Public Schools will go on Thursday, but activities and programs are cancelled in these 10 schools:
- Beall Elementary School
- Blair Ewing Center
- Chevy Chase Elementary School
- Farmland Elementary School
- Gaithersburg Middle School
- Northwood High School
- Olney Elementary School
- Rocking Horse Road Center
- Stonegate Elementary School
- Washington Grove Elementary School
- Julius West Middle School
Montgomery County school officials note that high school summer courses at regional centers will resume at Bethesda-Chevy Chase HS, Clarksburg HS and Churchill HS, and the daily schedule will be extended to make up for lost instructional time.
Programs at Northwood HS are cancelled for Thursday.
Other summer school programs will start on Monday, July 9.
Summer camps, recreation programs and daycare programs in schools that do have power will resume.
MCPS administrative offices are open but employees who work in facilities that do not have power don't have to come to work. The Rocking Horse Road Center is without power.