WASHINGTON DC (WUSA) -- The District of Columbia Department of Public Works will collect food spoiled by power outages Tuesday afternoon.
The DPW has set up six sites across the District. There will specifically marked trucks to accept spoiled food between 3:00pm and 8:00pm at these locations:
• LaSalle - Backus Elementary -501 Riggs Road, NE
• McKinley Tech - 151 T Street, NE
• Key Elementary - 5001 Dana Place, NW
• Wilson High School - 3950 Chesapeake Street, NW
• Ferebee-Hope Elementary - 3999 8th Street, SE
• Garfield Elementary - 2435 Alabama Avenue, SE
City residents may also bring spoiled food to the Fort Totten Transfer Station. It is located at 4900 John F. McCormack Road NE. The facility is open 1:00pm to 7:00pm. It will be closed Wednesday for the Independence Day holiday.
Click here to read more about food safety in the days following a power outage.