Woman Burned While Lighting Outdoor Fireplace

11:42 AM, Jun 17, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

 ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) - Fire officials say an Alexandria woman was burned over 80 percent of her body by a flash fire that ignited when she was trying to light a recreational outdoor fireplace.

The 53-year-old woman was taken to the burn center at Washington Hospital Center. She suffered second- and third-degree burns.

The Alexandria Fire Department says the fire started when an accumulation of vapors near the fuel source ignited.

Most Watched Videos