(WUSA) -- Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project has issued a list of road closings that may cause significant delays on and around the Capital Beltway during work next week.
Officials say that traffic will be significantly impacted by road work between June 21 and June 25. They say that the inner Loop will stay a single lane until July 9. The THRU/LOCAL split on the Capital Beltway Outer Loop (I-95/495 North) will be shifted just west of the Eisenhower Connector, after the Van Dorn exit in Virginia, to allow for final paving of the Outer Loop THRU and LOCAL lanes. Drivers are urged to find alternate routes.
Here's the breakdown:
Thursday, June 21 from 9 p.m. to Friday, June 22 at 5 a.m.:
- The Outer Loop THRU lanes will be closed, then reopen Friday during the day.
Friday, June 22 from 9 p.m. until Monday, June 25 at 5 a.m.:
- The Outer Loop THRU lanes will close again, and the LOCAL lanes between Van Dorn Street and just after Telegraph Road will be reduced to one lane.
- All Outer Loop traffic will be routed onto the one lane for the weekend. Significant back-ups are expected.
- The ramp from I-95 North to the Outer Loop (495 East) will be closed during the daytime on Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- All northbound I-95 traffic will be routed onto the Inner Loop (495 West) over the American Legion Bridge. Drivers may also continue onto I-395 North.
- The on-ramp from the Eisenhower Connector to the Outer Loop will be closed from June 22 until July 30.
Monday, June 25 at 5 a.m. until July 30:
The Outer Loop THRU lanes will be open with the new Outer Loop split location specifying the THRU or LOCAL lanes. (Only those who need to access Telegraph Road, U.S. Route 1 or I-295/National Harbor should use the single LOCAL lane. All other travelers are advised to use the THRU lanes, which will be able to exit at the MD 210 interchange.)
Drivers will be restricted to one Outer Loop LOCAL lane from the split to just past Telegraph Road until approximately July 30. Significant back-ups for Beltway and local traffic are expected through the month of July, and drivers should seek alternate routes.
Capital Beltway Inner Loop:
Work continues on the Capital Beltway Inner Loop (I-95/495 South) LOCAL lanes between U.S. Route 1 and the Eisenhower Connector. Only one Inner Loop LOCAL lane remains open until paving is complete July 9.
Drivers on the Inner Loop THRU lanes are not able to exit at the Eisenhower Connector. Travelers headed to Eisenhower Avenue will need to exit at the Van Dorn interchange.
On July 9, all Inner Loop work (THRU and LOCAL) will be complete and the roadway will be in its final configuration of two THRU lanes and two LOCAL lanes.