- 4 red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot, peeled
- dash white pepper
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, stems removed
- 8 ounce block of feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place red peppers directly on oven racks. Bake for approximately 1 hour, turning every 7 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven carefully with tongs.
- Set the peppers aside and let the peppers cool.
- Mince garlic and shallots and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, shallots, white pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Peel the charred skin from the outside of the peppers. Discard the peels, stems, and seeds.
- Chop the peppers into small pieces and place in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Whisk dressing to combine and pour over peppers.
- Sprinkle fresh thyme on top of pepper mixture.
- Coarsely chop feta into small pieces and add to pepper mixture.
- Stir ingredients together and chill for 15 minutes before serving.