If you want to try something new, here's a recipe with international flavor! Chef T. Mamo from Abol Ethiopian Restaurant shares her traditional Ethiopian recipe with 5 simple steps.
Abol Lega (Beef) Tips
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1 large onion, sliced thin (use 1/2 - 1 cup)
2 tablespoons of niter kebbeh (Clarified butter)
1 pound beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons berbere (Hot pepper)
1 teaspoon rosemary
3 teaspoon of vegetable oil
2 Sundried Abol Sauce
½ green jalapeno pepper
3 tablespoon tomato sauce
1. Get the sauté pan medium hot, add vegetable oil and beef, and let it cook for about 2 minutes until it turns brown.
2. Add onion and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until they char just a little on the outside.
3. Add the spiced butter and Stir-fry the moment the meat has browned
4. Add the spices, garlic and stir-fry another 30 seconds or so, then add the tomatoes. Toss to combine and let this cook for a minute or two.
5. Serve at once with bread or injera.
Want more recipes like this? Watch Great Day Washington every morning at 9 on WUSA9.