As the weather gets colder, the kitchen gets hotter and Finnegan's Wake is here to share their Guinness Beef Stew recipe.
- 1 lb chuck eye
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large potato
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 cup Guinness
- 5 cups beef stock
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice chuck eye into large cubes and set aside.
2. Dice carrot, potato, and onion the same size as beef.
3. Boil veggies in water until fork tender and set aside to cool.
4. Toss beef in all-purpose flour; shake excess flour and brown beef in a pot with oil.
5. Deglaze the pot with Guinness and reduce to half its original volume.
6. Add beef stock and let simmer until beef is tender.
7. Stir in cooked vegetables and frozen peas.
8. Thoroughly stir in garlic powder, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Want more recipes like this? Follow Great Day Washington on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for more! Watch every day at 9am on WUSA9.
© 2018 WUSA-TV