As the weeks fly by, Halloween will be here sooner than you think. The weather is getting chillier, the kids have their costumes ready and there’s a display of haunted décor on every corner. Even though Halloween is typically for children, who said that adults can’t join in on the holiday fun? Halloween falls on a Monday this year so local bars and restaurants in the DMV area will be celebrating in the days and weeks leading up to the spooky holiday. We decided to compile the ultimate guide for the 2016 Halloween season!
- Horror show at the Howard Theatre (620 T St., NW, Washington, DC 20001) Sunday October 30th Check out the haunted themed historic theater to hear spine chilling stories about ghosts, devils, and other creepy creatures. Food and specialty cocktails are available from the theater’s kitchen and bar. Advance tickets are $20. When: Doors open at 5:30 pm
- The nightmare on M street (1716 I St NW Washington, DC 20006) Doors open at 12pm - 7:30pm Saturday October 29th The 18th annual Nightmare on M street bar crawl is back Saturday October 29th! Enjoy the Halloween spirit of DuPont’s hottest bars, lounges and clubs with no cover admission, great drink specials, costume contest and more! Our Halloween celebration kicks off early with registration beginning at 12pm.
- Rose’s House Party at Rose’s House Party at Compass Rose (1346 T St., NW, Washington, DC 20009) Saturday October 29th Owner Rose Previte transforms her cozy digs into a hopping party spot for Halloween. The festivity is hosted by the spirit of Frida Kahlo, and a DJ plays old-school hip-hop all night long.
- Night of the Living Zoo (6:30 - 10 p.m. National Zoo, Washington DC.) Friday October 28, 2016. Wear your best costume while enjoying the zoo by moonlight. Experience bone-chilling and mind-boggling performance art including palm readers, fire eaters, talking bats, and illusionists. You must be at least 21 years old to attend this event. A valid ID is required for admission.
- BOO-zy Brunch at Orange Anchor (3050 K St., NW) Sunday October 30th Enjoy bottomless Mimosas, Bloody Mary’s, and orange Crushes with the purchase of any brunch entrée. Orange Jell-O shots and festive cocktails are available all day, and the best costume wins a $100 gift card to Orange Anchor.
- Day of the Dead festival at Espita Mezcaleria (1250 9th St., NW, Washington, DC 20001.) TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1 Shaw’s Oaxacan restaurant is offering mezcal tasting, face-painting, special cocktails, and several signature dishes for their Day of the Dead celebration. When: During regular dinner service
- Halloween mini boxes at Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken (1308 G St., NW and 7511 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church) Friday October 28th. The hot spot of the crispy chicken-doughnut sandwiches will offer mini boxes of donuts decorated with Halloween sprinkles, candy corn, and marshmallow pumpkins. Flavors include crème brûlée, chocolate glazed, and pumpkin glazed. Boxes are $22.
Want to see more places to go for Halloween? Check out the Great Day Washington Facebook page!