This flavor-packed summertime dessert will please your next cookout crowd. Thanks to Spice Xing for the recipe!
¼ inch Ginger (finely chopped)
4 teaspoons Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
4 ounces Unsalted butter
1 sprig Mint
1. Cut pineapple lengthwise in 4 pieces. Remove the flesh from each quarter & cut it into ¼ inch slices.
2. Drizzle lemon zest, brown sugar, chopped ginger and lemon juice on pineapple slices and mix lightly.
3. Heat pan to 250F, add butter, slide in the pineapple slices & sauté on both sides till light golden brown.
4. Arrange slices on the shell and pour the caramelized juices in the pan over them.
5. Garnish with mint leaf and cherries before serving. Goes well with ginger-vanilla ice cream!
© 2018 WUSA-TV