July 9th is National Sugar Cookie Day, so we are giving you our FAVORITE sugar cookie recipe from Alton Brown of Food Network.
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp milk
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside.
2. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, beat until light in color. Then, add egg and milk and beat to combine.
3. Gradually add flour. Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and put in fridge for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. Sprinkle surface with powdered sugar.
6. Remove 1 wrapped pack of dough from fridge, put sugar on rolling pin, and roll out dough to be 1/4 inch thick.
7. Cut into desired shape and place on greased baking sheet 1 inch apart.
8. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies turn slightly brown around edges.
© 2017 WUSA-TV