WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA9) - Labor Day may mean the unofficial end of summer, but that doesn't mean the fun has to stop. Here are tips to throw a great party.
1. Serve smoked meats. Anyone can throw hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. A smoker will make your party truly stand out. This one comes with its own recipe book!
2. Keep it shady. There's nothing wrong with throwing shade when the sun's blazing. A canopy, pop-up gazebo, or just a large patio umbrella will help your guests stay comfortable.
3. Keep the bugs at bay. A stylish Citronella garden torch will keep you and your guests from getting annoying mosquito bites.
4. Make sure it's lit all night. String lights provide nice ambiance if your party outlasts the sun.
5. Have a fun activity. We all love great food and drinks, but a game takes your party to the next level. Making your own cornhole gameboard is easy, and will impress your guests!
This article is sponsored by Lowe's. Shop their great Labor Day Savings Event!
© 2017 WUSA-TV