WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA9) - Want to get your yard ready for the fall foliage? American Plant Landscape has been around for over 90 years and has gardening tips to make your home the prettiest on the block.
1. Start planting now. You may think you should hold off until the spring, but fall is actually the perfect time to start planting. Roots grow best in the fall without the challenges of heat, humidity, and lack of water. By spring your plants will be stronger and flourish.
2. Add an architectural element. A custom-designed wooden arbor adds drama to your garden's walkway. Talk about an entrance!
3. Prune your plants. Help your plants retain their shape by cutting branches and leaves that are growing astray.
4. Add a fire pit. Want a spot to roast marshmallows? A fire pit will make you feel like you're back at camp. And if you want a more upscale feel, a formal fire pit can also be installed.
5. Match your garden to your needs and style. Worried you'll forget to water your plants, but want to maintain a nice landscape? American Plant Landscape has other garden options. Zen gardens are great for minimalists, while other stylized gardens offer shade. Pick the perfect style for you!
This article is sponsored by American Plant Landscape.
© 2018 WUSA-TV