Celebrate fall by making this easy recipe for your friends and family.
- 1-1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Light Or Dark Is Fine
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 4 whole Large Egg Yolks (discard Or Save Whites For Another Use)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Unsweetened Whipped Cream
- Gently whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium nonstick pan.
- In a separate pitcher or bowl, whisk together the milk and egg yolks. Pour it into the pan with the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Turn on the heat to medium and cook, stirring gently, until the mixture just starts to bubble up/get very thick. (This can take a good 10 minutes or so.) When it reaches pudding consistency, stir in the butter until melted, then remove it from the heat and spoon it into bowls, glasses (be careful; mixture is hot), demitasse cups, etc. Chill the pudding for at least 1 hour or until very cold.
- Top with unsweetened whipped cream and serve!
Recipe courtesy of Pioneer Woman!
© 2017 WUSA-TV