One year ago today, on Sept. 8, 2015 something new came to Washington, D.C. It was a bright, new shiny object with people not taking themselves too seriously on television. We were having fun and highlighting all things great in DC, Maryland and Virginia, and we still are every weekday morning at 9a on WUSA 9! We’ve come a long way, baby, and here are some highlights to prove it.
9. We're a pet-friendly environment
Whether we pretend to be pups or not, Great Day Washington's studio is a dog-friendly environment.
8. Markette Sheppard talks "The Talk"!
Great Day Host Markette Sheppard shares a hug with fellow CBS host of "The Talk" Sheryl Underwood. Sheryl is also Markette's imaginary BFF!
7. Chris Leary has got true Olympic spirit!
Great Day Host Chris Leary wrestles history-making Olympic champ Helen Maroulis, the first American woman to win gold in wrestling at the Olympics.
6. Meagan Mooney's got rhythm!
Great Day's Lifestyle Correspondent Meaghan Mooney joins the Bey hive and busts a move to a Beyonce jam!
5. Plus, we've got some real pros on our team!
Great Day Hall of Famer and Host Darrell Green joined the show mid-season and, he's the fastest learner in the building.
4. Even Entertainment Tonight thinks we're entertaining!
3. The Carpool Karoake Guy thinks we're cool, too!
2. Plus, there's always breakfast in the Great Day Kitchen
Chef Brian Voltaggio serves up a custom dish in the Great Day Kitchen!
1. But it's the people who make Great Day Washington so great!
Here we are, one year ago on our first day on air! A year later, I'd say we are #winning!