- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped green chard or other sturdy green
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup firm tofu, cubed
- 3-4 Tbsp white miso paste (fermented soy bean paste) with or without bonito (fish flavor, though bonito makes it non-vegan- vegetarian-friendly.)
- 1 sheet (1/4 cup) nori (dried seaweed), cut into large rectangles, optional
- Place water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a low simmer.
- Add nori and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, place 3 Tbsp of Miso into a small bowl, add a little hot water and whisk until smooth. Then add to the soup and stir. This will ensure it doesn’t clump.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Taste and add more Miso or a pinch of sea salt if desired. Serve warm.
Want more recipes like this? Follow Great Day Washington on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for our daily recipes, health tips, fashion & more!
© 2017 WUSA-TV