"Hey, Alexa, open NBA All-Star. Vote for Stephen Curry."
Seems simple enough.
The NBA announced a few new features to the All-Star Game voting format on Thursday, including the use of Amazon Alexa and 2-for-1 days, which will allow fans to cast their votes twice on five select days — Dec. 31, Jan. 4, 11, 12, and 15 — leading up to February's All-Star Weekend.
Additionally, the All-Star voting will tip off with an early voting period, exclusively on the NBA App and NBA.com, starting Dec. 21 at 1 p.m. ET. Voting through the other available channels, including Amazon Alexa, Facebook, Twitter and Google, will launch on Christmas Day at 11 a.m. ET before the NBA's five-game slate.
As was announced in October, the All-Star roster selection process is new this year as well, as the traditional Eastern Conference vs. Western Conference is no longer. Instead, two captains — the leading fan vote-getter from each conference — will select their teammates, regardless of conference affiliation, from a pool of 22 other All-Stars.
Starters (as selected by fans, media members and players) for the All-Star Game, which will take place in Los Angeles at Staples Center on Feb. 18, will be announced Jan. 18 on TNT. All-Star Game reserves (as selected by NBA coaches) and the final rosters (as selected by the captains) will be revealed the following week, on Jan. 23 and 25 on TNT, respectively.
Additional voting information, via the NBA, is below:
- NBA.com and NBA App: Cast one full ballot per 24 hours. Select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference. During the 2-for-1 days, these votes will be counted twice.
- Facebook: Post a player's first and last name and the hashtag #NBAVOTE. Only 10 unique player votes per day.
- Twitter: Tweet, retweet or reply with a player's first and last name or Twitter handle, along with #NBAVOTE. Only 10 unique player votes per day.
- Google: Search "NBA Vote All-Star" or "NBA Vote (Team Name)" and fill out the voting cards. Only 10 unique player votes per day.
- Amazon Alexa: With the NBA All-Star skill enabled, say "Alexa, open NBA All-Star," and then request to vote. Only 10 unique player votes per day.