Flash floods in the area have caused several road closures and power outages Monday morning.
Several flash flood warnings were issued overnight after heavy rain and storms passed through the area overnight.
RELATED: Flash Flooding Possible This Morning
Road closures are in place in the following areas due to high water:
- NB GW Pkwy is closed at Dangerfield Ave for high standing water.
- High water also reported on Rock Creek Pkwy at Kennedy Ctr.
• Braddock Rd WB and EB from Backlick Rd to Heming Ave
• NB right Ln Backlick Rd prior to Edsall Rd
• Woodburn Rd at Spicewood Ct
• Prosperity Av at Morningside Dr
• Old Courthouse Rd at Besley Rd
• Swinks Mill Rd prior to Georgetown Pike
• Richmond Hwy at Mims Street – 1 northbound lane blocked
• 95 HOT lanes northbound prior to Springfield Parkway
- 300 Blk Wythe St.
- WB Eisenhower at Mill Rd.
- EB Eisenhower at the Connector
- IL at River Rd. - 2 left lanes blocked
- OL IAO 355
- OL IAO University Blvd.
- Beach Dr/E Stanhope Rd (Kensington Area) - multiple vehicles in the water. Expect delays & some road closures in area.
- Standing water reported on 395 Express Lanes - blkd at Boundary Channel HOV ramp to main lanes
- Standing water reported on 395 Express Lanes at Turkey Cock
In addition to road closures, power outages have also been reported throughout the area. A couple thousand outages were reported in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia.
Crews have been responding to several water rescues Monday morning. Multiple vehicles were in the water in Montgomery County at Beach Dr./E Stanhope Rd. in the Kensington area. At least one person was stranded from the vehicle, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue said.