ID=5196983WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA*9)--Spring is still over a month away (March 20), but the DC area is already in full bloom. With potholes! The craters are at the ready to swallow up your patience, your wallet and your will.

More: Tell WUSA9 Your Commuter Pet Peeve

More: How to File a Claim for Pothole Damage to Your Vehicle

Through the website a lot of you have written us with your horror stories, asking how to get the potholes fixed.
Below is a list of who to contact and how for that pothole you want fixed.ID=5197049

You can report problem potholes to the District Department of Transportation here.
If you are in the city, you can also call the Mayor's Citywide Call Center at 311 or 202-727-1000.

The District promises to fix potholes within 3 business days/72 hours from the time it is reported.

When making your report, please Indicate the pothole location (i.e. address, intersection) and describe the severity of the problem (i.e. depth, width, number of potholes in one location). A service request will be put into the tracking system, and you should receive a service request number. Please keep this service number in case the pothole is not repaired by the specified completion date. You will need it when asking about an update on repairs.

You can report potholes on Montgomery County maintained roads here.
You can also call the County at 240-777-0311 or 311 if you are calling from within the county.

On their website, Montgomery County officials say, "Generally, potholes are inspected and repaired within 3 business days on County maintained roadways (not numbered routes such as Rt. 355, Connecticut Avenue, East-West Highway, or municipalities such as City of Rockville or City of Gaithersburg)....If the road is a numbered route such as Rte. 355, 117, please contact Maryland State Highway at 301-513-7300."

"Please create a service request with the required fields and provide a brief description of size and location under "Additional Information". Options for locations and or reference points; address, closest intersection, near a business (McDonalds, 7-11, shopping center, etc.) or between 2 streets such as Crabbs Branch Road between Shady Grove Road and Redland Road."

You can report potholes on Prince George's County maintained roads here.
You can also call the Prince George's Department of Public Works at 301-499-8520 or 311 if you are calling from within the County.

County officials tell WUSA9 they try to make pothole repairs within 24 to 72 hours of receiving the notice of the pothole.

The Department of Public Works & Transportation performs pothole repairs on all county maintained roadways. Roads that are identified by a route number (example MD Route 214, MD Route 450, MD Route 210, US 1 to name a few) are the responsibility of the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA). Call 301-952-0555 to report a pothole to SHA.

To report a pothole on a County maintained road, please call 301-499-8520 or complete the fields below to report a pothole electronically.

To report potholes on state maintained roads electronically, click here.
You can also try calling your regional district office. To find the correct phone number, click here.

The Maryland State Highway Administration is responsible for streets identified by a route number (example MD Route 214, MD Route 450, MD Route 410, US 1 to name a few).

The Maryland State Highway Administration makes no promises on patch times. But a spokesperson tells WUSA9 95-percent of the time they try to investigate reports and fill holes within one business day if possible.

If you encounter a pothole on a state-maintained road, report the problem at this website.
You can also call 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623) to report any road maintenance issues.

If the pothole is in a city, town or Arlington or Henrico County, call the public works department in that location.

Crews will investigate each report and will schedule repairs as soon as possible. VDOT makes no fix-time guarantees; but, a spokesperson tells WUSA9 they make every effort to get to a hole on an interstate "immediately." However secondary roads may take longer and they ask consumers to keep in mind VDOT maintains 58,000 miles of roadways in the Commonwealth and pothole reports have tripled in Northern Virginia alone.

To report a pothole to the City of Alexandria you can call 703-746-4357. You can also report it on line by going to the city's Call.Click.Connect site.

To report a pothole to the Arlington County Department of Environmental Services you can do it online by clicking here.

Or you can visit and search "pothole" for the form.
You can also report a problem on Facebook ( or send a tweet to @ArlingtonDES.
You can also call 703-228-6570

Arlington County does not make a fix-it time promise other than to say they will get to a reported pothole as soon as possible.

MORE: How to File a Claim for Pothole Damage to Vehicle

The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) is responsible for maintaining the roads along the Dulles Toll Road.
You can report potholes at this website.

Cyndi Ward, the Director of Operations for MWAA, tells WUSA9 they have their own pothole patrol that is out every day checking road conditions and making recommendations for repairs. She says MWAA tries to get potholes fixed within 2 business days after receiving a complaint.