A grill is possibly to blame for a fire that destroyed a Gaithersburg townhouse. Now several families are out of their homes for the July 4th holiday.
Montgomery County fire crews responded to a middle-of-the-row townhouse in the 9200 block of Bluebird Terrace Monday evening.
Fire investigators believe the fire started on the back deck, likely involving a grill, and spread into the house. The flames damaged all three levels of the home and the deck collapsed during the fire.
One person was taken to the hospital with injuries. They’re expected to recover.
Update - Bluebird Terr, Quail Valley, fire may have originated on deck, likely involving grill, several families to be displaced, 85 FFs OS pic.twitter.com/5cd1bUnVY7— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) July 4, 2017