The shrine is still fresh on Elvans Rd in Southeast, D.C.

Vivian Marrow’s son stops by regularly to clean up the makeshift memorial, place new flowers, balloons, and teddy bears. But nearly six months after her brutal murder we ask, “Where is the outrage?”

The community came out soon after the murder and talked about how much she meant to them, kids called the 68-year-old wheelchair-bound woman the “candy lady,” and folks who needed a hand up would often times find a place to sleep in her home. Still, police have no leads.

Word on the street is that people know who committed the MLK day shooting but no one is talking; not even the surviving victim who was shot nearly seven times.

RELATED: Camera that could capture murder of DC grandma was hacked

Marrow was in her wheelchair around 10:15 a.m. of MLK day. She stopped to talk to a young man when suddenly a suspect ran in and started shooting. Marrow collapsed in her wheelchair, the victim ran into the complex, the suspect briefly looked back at Marrow and then ran away on foot.

The scene was all caught on camera but a private surveillance camera on top of the apartment building. The picture quality is poor. Police said there could have been a better quality video taken at a closer angle, but the MPD close circuit camera was not rolling that day Marrow was gunned down.

After several attempts to confirm with police, a spokesperson admitted to WUSA9 the MPD camera posted in the 2400 block of Elvans Road SE was part of a widespread hacking scandal that infected 123 cameras throughout the District just weeks after the inauguration.

William Marrow, the victim’s adult son, said he is consumed with his mother’s case. He said he hasn’t heard from investigators nor the mayor and city councilmembers who called and offered support in the days following his mother’s murder.

RELATED: Video released of person of interest in 'neighborhood' mom's murder

He said they haven’t forgotten but he feels some have ignored the case because it’s in Ward 8. However, he knows police need leads and the people who live in the complex who may have witnessed the crime can help, rather than let fear silence them.

“Someone needs to step up and say ‘I can make a change in that neighborhood.’ They act like she didn't matter but she mattered when they needed her,” he said, “so I need the community to show her real family that when she needs you the most you'll be there and so y'all can come forward and say something so we can get this closed and she can finally rest in peace."

Police are offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Tips can be texted anonymously to 50-411.