Two families are devastated after an argument between two young women ended in horrific violence.

Tuesday, police charged 18-year-old Kyla Jones in the stabbing death of 17-year-old Kaelia Minor outside of a Metrobus stop in D.C.

PREVIOUS STORY: Teen arrested, charged in fatal stabbing of another teen in DC

Prosecutors said the 18-year-old stabbed Minor with a steak knife.

At Jones’ arraignment Wednesday, the defense attorney tried to argue that the attack was self-defense and her client carried a knife out of fear.

“I know Kyla is not a murderer,” Justice Robinson, who said Jones was like a big sister to her, told WUSA9. “She was afraid and that is not what she intended to do.”

Robinson’s father, Derrick Robinson, said he filed several police reports on behalf of Jones and his daughter because he said Minor repeatedly assaulted and harassed them.

He said the feud between the girls started two years ago over a boy and it grew over time. The two would apparently fight each time they saw each other.

The fights turned into deadly Monday night when the two ran into each other on the 62 bus.

According to court documents, Minor pulled out a knife and Jones responded: “No b****. Put the knife down I want to fight you. If you don’t fight me I’m going to take your stuff.”

She then allegedly stole the suspect’s phone and ran off the bus at Kansas and Emerson, NW.

PREVIOUS STORY: Teenage girl dead after being stabbed near Metrobus ID'd

According to witnesses, Jones followed Minor out of the bus and attacked her.

Jones then allegedly searched the victim’s body for the cellphone saying “I don’t give a f*** if I stabbed her. I want my f***ing phone back.”

“I feel bad for what happened to the girl but she was the aggressor,” said Robinson.

When asked what the lesson was learned, Justice Robison responded, “It’s not worth it. You got to ignore some things.”

The victims’ family in court openly sobbed and broke out in applause when the magistrate ordered Jones held without bond. The magistrate reprimanded them.

Jones turned herself into police, brought them to the murder weapon. The 18-year-old will remain behind bars until her next court appearance October 28.

She will be back in court October 28th. Officials said Jones has no prior convictions.