WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Three people were hospitalized following a hazmat incident in Southeast Washington.

Police say an ambulance was dispatched on a medical call to 2500 Good Hope Road at 7:30 p.m. Upon arrival, an occupant was found who had been overcome by some sort of fumes, believed to be an insecticide used for fumigation.

Officials believe all three people were exposed to some form of pesticide.

While getting the occupant out of the apartment, two EMTs were exposed to the fumes. All three were taken to a local hospital, where the occupant is in serious condition. The EMTs were taken as a precaution.