Firefighters are working to put out flames that broke out early Friday morning in a two-story home in the 1600 block of Foxhall Rd NW.

According to Vito Maggiolo, spokesman for DC Fire and EMS, crews arriving on scene found heavy fire in the basement and 1st floor of the home that also serves as a dental office.

Departmental Tweets indicate fire crews had some difficulty attacking the fire in the basement, which has no entrance, and had to be accessed through windows.

Maggiolo says sixty firefighters are on the scene, with additional crews being requested due to the labor intensive firefight. The bulk of the fire has been knocked down, and firefighters are now hitting hotspots, working to prevent flare-ups.

No injuries have been reported. The occupants and their two dogs escaped the home safely, Maggiolo said. They are being assisted by the Red Cross.

The cause of the fire, which started in the basement, has been ruled an accidental electrical malfunction.

The 1600 block of Foxhall Road, NW reopened shortly after 6 a.m.