An elected official representing the people of Ward 8 is accused of drunk driving on Indian Head Highway just after 12:30 a.m. Tuesday in Oxon Hill, Maryland.

According to officials, ANC Commissioner Paul Trantham refused a breathalyzer, called an officer the N-word and then urinated on the police station floor.

Trantham tried defending himself on television by admitting to having two beers, unsure if he used the N-word and even calling officers homosexuals for removing him from bathroom.

WUSA9’s Delia Gonçalves asked Trantham if the comment was appropriate.

“Let me apologize to the community and elected leader, but if you were treated like how I was in the last 24 hours only God knows what you would be thinking or saying outside your mouth,” Trantham replied.

He said he urinated on the floor because “I couldn't hold my urine anymore and when I asked to go they delayed me going to the bathroom."

When Trantham did make it to the bathroom, police said he barricaded himself inside.

Prince George’s County Police Chief Hank Stawinski released cellphone video taken inside the police station that early morning. It shows the outside of the bathroom door. The officer asks Trantham to get out of the bathroom, when he responds by calling the officer a punk and uses several expletives.

Police said two officers are forced to go inside the bathroom.

“They both raise you up off the toilet, I couldn't even wipe myself,” Trantham said. “Where’s the justification for that at? Where’s the humanity for that at? That officer was totally disrespectful to me and wrong. I don’t have anything to loose when I did nothing wrong.”

Prince George's County Police Chief Hank Stawinski said the Commissioner's statements are offensive and he stands by his officers.

The Commissioner said he is not against all police but insists the officer was wrong and will fight the charges.

Chief Stawinski's full comments:

“As part of our ongoing effort to increase highway safety on MD 210, Prince George’s County Police officers were on patrol at approximately 12:22 AM when they encountered and subsequently arrested Mr. Paul Trantham.

In a public statement this afternoon concerning his arrest on December 19th, Mr. Paul Trantham made a number of comments to include that he did not refuse to come out of a bathroom while in police custody. I expect that these comments will cause concern in our community. As a result, I have taken the opportunity to review both the statement of probable cause and the video footage that I am releasing. This action is in keeping with my practice of providing facts to the public when I have them.

Further, I found Mr. Trantham’s use of racial epithets during this incident and disparaging characterization of the gay and lesbian community in his public statement offensive. Based on the facts as I have them, I stand with and fully support the actions taken by the officers involved in this arrest and I commend them for their professional conduct in the face of inflammatory and hateful conduct.”