The site ranked museums across the country based on an algorithm that accounted for the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for museums compiled over a one year period.
Here is the complete list:
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art — New York City, New York
- The National WWII Museum — New Orleans, Louisiana
- Art Institute of Chicago — Chicago, Illinois
- The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum — New York City, New York
- USS Midway Museum — San Diego, California
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum — Washington, D.C.
- The Getty Center — Los Angeles, California
- American Museum of Natural History — New York City, New York
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – New York City, New York
- NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex — Titusville, Florida
The Air and Space Museum is fun for the whole family. Over 20 exhibitions cover the history of astronomy, aviation, spaceflight and more. You can see some of America’s most famous airplanes and spaceships and kids can learn about “How things fly” with fun, interactive games.
You can also put on VR goggles and be transported into space or fly combat aircrafts in simulators for a small fee! The museum is FREE for admission and open 10am to 5:30pm every day. It’s located on Independence Ave at 6th Street, SW.