The Instagram hot spot brunch restaurant "The Smith" is opening a restaurant in DC! They have shared their famous french toast recipe with us for all to enjoy.
5 lb. loaf brioche bread
1 stick butter
2 quarts heavy cream
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until incorporated.
2. Add vanilla and cream.
3. Slice bread to desired thickness.
4. Dip bread in batter until soaked.
5. In a pan over medium heat, melt a pat of butter.
6. Place soaked bread and cook until golden brown.
7. Remove from heat and cut French toast diagonally.
8. Plate the French toast and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with caramelized bananas.
6 ripe bananas
1/2 stick butter
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons bourbon
1. Slice ripe bananas.
2. Over high heat, place butter and bananas in a large saute pan. Cook until brown.
3. Add sugar and bourbon (watch out for the flame!)
4. Cook for one more minute. Remove from heat.