WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Halloween is here and event planners are looking to host the best holiday bash. So we checked in with DC's premier event organizer André Wells, Founder and CEO of Events by André Wells. The company has coordinated over 4,000 special events worldwide.
Here are some tips to make an elegant bash for both the adults and the kids. This is a time when you can mix it up and be a bit untraditional.
- Bring out the unpolished silver to give your function that rustic look.
Wells says, "Bring out your unpolished silver and use Moscow Mule cups."
- Try using flowers that have dried out of a couple of weeks along with the pumpkins to set the Halloween scene.
- Put decorative plastic plates under clear red plates, to give a cool look to add flair to the Halloween decoration.
Full video on Great Day Washington: Plan an Elegant Halloween Party
"And a cool activity for kids is, drawing on pumpkins. We have sharpies at the tables and we have decals and you have them color in," adds Wells.
- Serve dark wines to go with the holiday.
- Add craft paper for the kids to doodle along with fun straws
- Have a fun bin with lots of prizes for guests to use with their costumes, "Like mustaches and Miss America crowns, and gloves, and different hats," says Wells.
- Don't forget the candles to give the holiday look.
- Make sure your music is right, think about that in advance to maximize the whole experience.
Wells says, "And what I love about this is after Halloween's over, you can go into Thanksgiving. You can keep your pumpkins, and your moss, and even your dried hydrangea. And then you just make it less spooky-ish."
You can learn more about André Wells at www.eventsbyandrewells.com