Who doesn't love the heavenly smell and warm taste of a freshly made waffle? Thanks to The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s Jewish Food Experience, we have a great recipe for the perfect homemade waffle! Follow these steps and you'll be in waffle heaven before the day is over.
Homemade 4 square waffles
2 eggs (room temperature)
2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour, if you prefer)
1 ¾ cups whole milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Beat eggs with a hand beater until frothy.
3. Beat the milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla into the eggs just until smooth.
4. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot with desired toppings.
Batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. Whisk well before using.
If you really want to get creative in the kitchen, try these topping suggestions to amplify your waffle tasting experience.
1. Chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce
2. Smoked salmon and English cucumbers
3. Apple compote with caramel sauce
4: Ice cream and chocolate sauce
Want more recipes like this? Follow us on Facebook for our recipe of the day!