Traditional cranberry walnut relish recipe
Airlie is cooking up a bountiful feast for Thanksgiving and they are sharing a recipe for their spin on classic cranberry sauce! It's easy to make at home and adds zest to your holiday table.
Cranberry Walnut Relish
• 2 cup apple cider
• 2 cup fresh orange juice
• 1 tablespoon orange zest
• 1 cup sugar, or as needed
• Pinch of kosher salt
• 2 pound fresh cranberries, rinsed
• 1 cups toasted, chopped walnuts
• 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh gingerroot
• 2 stick cinnamon
• 1 cup honey
• 1 oz. rosemary
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat
2. Fresh cranberries, apple cider, ginger root, orange juice, stick cinnamon, honey, sugar and the salt. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add orange zest and simmer, stirring frequently to prevent burning, until relish is thick and sticky, 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and adjust sugar as needed. Add walnuts and allow to cool. Allow relish to chill, preferably overnight, before serving.