El Techo's scrumptious seafood paella
El Techo is Rito Loco's new rooftop escape restaurant in the heart of DC's Shaw neighborhood. This signature paella dish made with fresh mussels, clams, crab, squid, and shrimp is one of the reasons that it's so popular!
• 2 cups seafood stock
• 12-16oz fresh mix raw seafood
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• half cup diced onions
• half cup diced bell pepper
• 1 tsp of salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp spanish saffron
• 1 lime
• 2 cups risotto rice (cooked)
• Cilantro for garnish
• Salt n pepper for taste
1. Put tbsp. olive oil in heated pan
2. Add garlic, chopped onions and chopped green pepper
3. Cook till they get a little soft
4. Add a splash of white wine (or white cooking wine) to help soften the veggies
5. Add in your seafood mix, stirring occasionally (roughly 2 minutes) until the shrimp start to plump and get red around the corners
6. Add risotto rice
7. Add seafood stock
8. Add salt and pepper for taste as well as Spanish saffron
9. And continue to stir occasionally for about 3-4 minutes, until stock is creamy and thicker
10. Salt n pepper for taste
11. Turn off heat
12. Add oysters face down for 1 minute to absorb the flavor of the stock
13. Stir once or twice and set for serving
14. For extra bonus points let the paella transfer to a paella pan and set over high heat for 90 seconds to develop a crisper rice bottom to the dish.
15. Plate oysters face up on top of dish and garnish with chopped cilantro...
Enjoy with a festive beverage of your choice!!