Decadently delicious Almond Cranberry-Pear pie
There is nothing more scrumptious than pie this time of year! The Buzz Bakeshop's decadently delicious Almond Cranberry-Pear recipe features many favorite flavors of fall, and will have your holiday guests returning for a second slice!
- 1 quart milk
- 200 grams sugar
- 80 grams egg yolks
- 100 grams pastry cream powder
- 4 ounces butter
- vanilla bean if possible
- Heat milk, sugar, vanilla and half the butter. Whisk yolks and pastry cream powder and slacken with some of the warm milk.
- When the milk boils, whisk in the egg yolk mixture and whisk aggressively until the pastry cream boils. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining butter.
- Pour into container and cover with plastic on the surface. Cool.
- Before needed, blend in a food processor until smooth.
- 2 ounces flour
- 10 ounces almond paste
- 4 ounces soft butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 T almond extract
- 2 eggs
- Paddle almond paste, flour, salt, and extract, slowly add soft butter scraping well the entire time.
- Add eggs, mix and scrape down sides again.
1 can of poached pears
2 raw pie shells
Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Have two assembled raw pie shells on a sheet pan and spread 400 grams blended pastry cream into each shell. Use a piping bag and pie the almond cream evenly in circles over the pastry cream.
- Slice poached pear halves into quarters and place six poached pear quarters on each pie.
- Top with fresh or frozen cranberries and press into the almond cream.
- Bake at 325 F for about an hour or until browned and set. The cranberries should not burn.
- Allow to cool and glaze with apricot jam and garnish with toasted almonds and pearl sugar.