5 steps to a healthier lifestyle
With so much conflicting health information out there, it can be tricky to know exactly what to do. Here are basic tips to decrease your blood sugar, and give you more energy from Living Health Integrative Medicine, LLC.
- Book an appointment with your primary care physician. If you're overall just feeling sluggish and lousy, don't ignore those signs. Your doctor can perform simple tests to get to the root of the issue; such as a Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis.
- Reduce or eliminate sugars. Cut out all sweets, juices, sodas, refined carbohydrates, and artificial sweeteners. Limit fruit to just one serving per day.
- Eat every 2 to 3 hours. Eating three healthy meals and three snacks throughout the day keeps your blood sugar levels steady, and prevents hypoglycemia.
- Follow the healthy plate rule. A balanced meal means half your plate is filled with leafy greens, broccoli, asparagus, or zucchini. The remainder should be lean protein (such as grass-fed beef or free-range poultry) and half a cup of starchy vegetables (beets, carrots, or squash). Include a healthy fat like coconut or olive oil for added satiation and flavor.
- Get a Food Inflammation Test (FIT). Sometimes no matter how healthy you are, you still feel off. The doctors at Living Health Integrative Medicine, LLC can perform the FIT to see how certain foods affect patients' bodies. Based on those results, a dietary plan can be customized to ensure results.
↓ Advertisement ↓