Image Grab from Pepco Website
WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- Over 1,700 customer's have been affected by the power outages in the Washington Metro area, according to Pepco's website.
Pepco has issued a statement saying that they are monitoring the weather updates. They have more than 150 internal line personnel and more than 450 contractors available and working on their system performing reliability improvements.
According to the National Weather Service, the Washington Metropolitan Region may get severe thunderstorms with heavy rain, damaging winds, large hail and possible tornadoes on Thursday.
Pepco has asked customers to take the following steps to prepare for the storms:
- Check their emergency supply kits and be prepared in case they do lose power.
- Find tips on preparing for a storm on our website, pepco.com.
- Report any outages to us by:
- Calling 877-PEPCO-62
- Visiting our website at pepco.com
- Using our mobile app, available for download at pepco.com/mobileapp.